Job: People & Culture Generalist (Full or Part Time)
WHO WE ARE
Cargo Crew are in the business of bringing modern design to business and personal work-spaces, starting with uniforms people love to wear.
Cargo Crew is an energetic and inspirational workplace where no day is the same. A creative & nurturing culture, we love coming to work.
We value innovation, ethical behaviour, passion, openness, ability to execute and perseverance. We work with people who embrace these same values - this includes staff, clients and supply partners.
Due to continued growth, Cargo Crew have an exciting opportunity for a stand out People & Culture Generalist to join the team, supporting both management and our crew based at our Brunswick East HQ.
The primary purpose of the role is to establish and lead the People & Culture function for the business, providing expert advice to the leaders and managers within the business, supporting the delivery of Cargo Crew’s vision. Moreover, the role is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and adherence to HR based policies and procedures, systems and processes (including ensuring compliance with relevant employment laws) and driving talent excellence through recruitment, learning and development.
The role requires a person who can demonstrate that they can complete tasks successfully with minimal guidance. One who consistently displays a high level of competency, can balance competing priorities without “dropping the ball”, values the team and organisations outcomes over just their own and whose behaviour is values based. All within a fast-paced environment where the person can apply a people focussed and pragmatic commercial mindset to everything they do.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Manage People & Culture Function:
- Establish and manage the People & Culture function.
- Support the development of the Cargo Crew, values-based performance culture, where values guide decision making.
- Develop and implement people programs and procedures to help align the workforce with the vision and strategic goals of the business.
- Establish people measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's vision and strategic goals and provide reporting as required.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
- Support and recommend policies, processes or programs that ensure the safety and wellbeing of the Cargo Crew team.
- Assist with other organisational development processes such as succession planning, talent retention, organisation design, and change management.
- Recommend and develop Human Resources policies for the business with regard to employee relations, in line with employment law.
- Partner with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Monitor employment conditions against relevant modern awards and advise management of any required updates.
- Provide expert advice to managers and supervisors regarding employment matters, including performance management, grievances, discipline and investigations, leading the process to resolution where appropriate.
- Protect the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Assist with the implementation of company safety and health programs. Track and maintain files with respect to OH&S matters.
Learning & Development
- Manage the in-house employee learning and development system that addresses the business’s needs, including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding and L&D program delivery.
- Assist managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Assist with the development of and monitoring the spending of the learning and development budget.
- Maintain employee learning and development records.
- Work with marketing to define and promote Cargo Crew employee value proposition to the market.
- Manage the recruitment process using innovative recruiting practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire exceptional people who align to a values based performance culture.
- Compensation & Benefits
- Assist with the monitoring of the company wage and salary structure and systems within the business, including annual salary increases.
- Recommend any competitive benefit programs that support attraction and retention of staff.
- Provide competitive market research and prepare compensation & benefits studies to help establish compensation & benefits practices that help to recruit and retain staff.
Human Resource Information Systems
- Manage the Human Resources sections of both internal and external systems, particularly recruiting, culture and company information.
- Maintain employee-related databases. Prepare and analyse reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company. Prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- Fully utilise Human Resources systems and software to the company's advantage.
The People & Culture Generalist assumes other responsibilities as assigned by senior management.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Excellent knowledge of employment laws, awards and practices.
- Understand the essence of culture and how to foster a values led organisation.
- Good computer skills in applicable HR systems and a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel, Word and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Able to take initiative. You get things done.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources.
- Five years of progressive experience in Human Resources positions.
- Proven experience in a broad HR generalist role, preferable in a small – medium size business where you have been responsible for supporting the various disciplines within the HR function.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the learning and development of people to build competence in role and organisational capability.
- Development in areas of employment law, compensation, learning and development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labour relations, preferred but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the above role, please email your resume along with a cover letter to [email protected]